Rejoice! Spring is finally here in Eastern Washington!
If you’re like us, you’ve been craving the warm, sunny weather for some time. There’s no better way to celebrate its arrival than with a glass a of crisp white wine! We’ve created the most delightful white wine spritzer using our 2015 Estates Sauvignon Blanc, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and rosemary.
It’s the perfect refreshment for a sunny afternoon on your back patio with a good friend or two.
Our Sauvignon Blanc is bursting with aromas of grapefruit, lychee, passion fruit and boxwood. The voluminous aromatics carry through in the mouth with flavors of gooseberry and citrus. Capturing the fruit at its peak ripeness has resulted in a wine with both bold fruit and racy, mouthwatering acidity. Clean, crisp, light bodied and refreshing.
The fruit for this Sauvignon blanc came from our Princeton Vineyard in Washington State’s renowned Horse Heaven Hills AVA. (grab yourself a bottle here)
Because this Sauvignon Blanc encompasses sensory ques of bold, citrusy fruit – It’s the perfect contender for this wine spritzer. The subtle herbal flavors from rosemary stand-up but do not over-power the light, crisp, citrus flavor of the wine nor the grapefruit juice.
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed & stalks discarded
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 bottle of Mercer Estates Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 large grapefruit
- 1 1/2 cans of grapefruit flavored sparkling water
- Heat sugar, water and rosemary leaves in small saucepan on high heat until it boils.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain to remove rosemary leaves.
- Refrigerate rosemary simple syrup for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cool.
- In the meantime, juice both grapefruits.
- In pitcher, mix 5 tablespoons of rosemary simple syrup, entire bottle of Mercer Estates Sauvignon Blanc, grapefruit juice and sparkling water.
- Serve over ice & enjoy! Garnish with sprig of rosemary and slice of grapefruit.
We love to see your Mercer Wine cocktail creations! Share your Grapefruit & Rosemary Wine Spritzer by using the #MercerWine hashtag on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Cheers!